- Job Title: STORE KEEPER
- Reports To: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
- Prepared By: HR/ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
- Prepared Date: 15/03/2012
SUMMARY: Must possess a current up-to-date knowledge of all ministry products, including both active and inactive items. The storekeeper must take ownership of inventory control and understand that this positions purpose and goal is to participate in and oversee the receipt, storage, requisitioning and disbursement of supplies and materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Inspects items, as to quality and quantity, against delivery invoice.
- Opens, timestamps, separates, and distributes incoming items
- Unloads materials from trucks by hand or with hand operated or motorized equipment.
- Counts, weighs, and measures goods received or issued.
- Unpacks incoming goods and wraps and packs outgoing goods.
- Stocks materials according to a prescribed inventory system.
- Dispenses items and posts amounts of items to inventory control cards or automated systems.
- May enter data and edit stock orders in a computerized inventory system, if available.
- Participates in physical inventories by counting stock.
- Cleans work area or arranges for clean-up
- May assist in training lower-level workers.
- Performs related work appropriate to the classification as assigned.
- Assigns work to lower-level employees and reviews work for accuracy and completeness.
- Have a thorough knowledge of our vendors, publishers and ministries who we order products from.
- Reviews job performance by observing and critiquing work techniques.
- Produces monthly stock / Inventory Reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of established material handling procedures.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures.
- Ability to shelve, store, and distribute materials.
- Ability to operate and enter information in a computerized inventory system, if available.
- Ability to write/ produce weekly Inventory Reports.
The job duties will sometimes require you to move heavy objects, sometimes bending, stooping, reaching or standing for extended periods.
Minimum SSS + 5 years experience
Five years of experience in the storage, handling and distribution of materials.